Need some inspiration for some fun yet festive crafts to do with your kids this Halloween? Look no further, there is bound to be something on this list that will fit your needs. And, you may even have all the supplies on hand!
Halloween Rock Magnets
- Smooth Rocks
- Paint Markers
- Strong Adhesive
- Clear Coat
- Clean your rocks
- Paint your rock in a base coat: black for bats and cats, white for ghosts, and orange for pumpkins
- Allow the rocks to dry
- Using paint markers or a steady hand with a paint brush to paint the details of your rocks
- Allow to dry again
- Cover rocks with clear coat, and allow to dry
- Using the adhesive glue magnets onto the back of the rocks
Pipe Cleaner Halloween Finger Puppets
These pipe cleaner puppets are so simple and so cute! Make any Halloween characters you’d like! Each character will need a little different supplies or directions.
- Pipe Cleaners
- Googly Eyes
- Black Felt
- Glue Gun
- Elmer’s Glue
- Wrap the pipe cleaner around your finger. Wind the pipe cleaner around your finger in a spiral
- Add a pompom using hot glue to the top of the pipe cleaner
- Next you will add details to create whatever Halloween character you’d like. This could be: a pumpkin, bat, vampire, ghost, spider, witch, alien, or frankenstein
Clothespin Button Bat Craft
There are no shortages of clothespin crafts for everyday and every holiday! This one is no different, but we are sure your little ones will love it!
- Black Buttons
- Black Cardstock
- Tacky Glue or Hot Glue
- Add a line of glue down the front of the clothespin
- Add buttons on the line of glue. Try not to let the buttons hang over the ends of the clothespin so that the clothespin can still stand
- Cut out wings from black cardstock
- Add glue to wings and glue to back of clothespin
Slime is always a hit, but make it spooky, sparkle, and add some spiders to get your little one into the Halloween spirit!
- 2 bottles of clear school glue
- 10 oz water
- 8 oz liquid scratch
- ¼ cup glitter
- ¼ cup Halloween spider confetti or plastic spiders
- Add glue, water, glitter, confetti and stir
- Slowly add half the starch and stir
- If there is still liquid, add a little more starch, continue stirring
- Once its too thick to stir, knead the slime with your hands
Paper Bag Monster Puppets
This craft is a fun way for your little ones to show their personality! Include the whole family in this activity! There are so many ways to make little changes to this craft to add in fun!
- Paper Bags
- Colorful Cardstock
- Paint or glue colorful cardstock to the front and bottom of your paper bag with the color of choice.
- Use colorful cardstock, markers, crayons, etc to decorate and design your monster
- Add googly eyes, teeth or even a silly tongue
Halloween Toilet Paper Roll Craft
This is a fun craft to do with items you have around the house. All those toilet paper and paper towel rolls are going to be put to good use!
- Paper Rolls
- Colorful Cardstock
- Toilet Paper
- Googly Eyes
- Choose what spooky Halloween character you’d like to make: pumpkin, vampire, mummy, or frankenstein
- Once you choose your character, wrap your paper roll with the colored construction paper, or paint, to match your character and glue.
- If you’re making the mummy, cut strips of toilet paper and glue around roll to look like a mummy
- Add googly eyes
- Add different details to create your spooky Halloween character
We wish you all a fun and safe Halloween!