Welcome to our new series, Motherhood Inspiration. Each week, founder Nikki interviews some of her friends to get their take on life, motherhood, and how they handle it all. We're looking forward to having honest and inspiring conversations about how to stay grounded and resilient as a parent. You can catch each interview on Instagram live by following along at @ayla.and.co, and check back here read it again at any time.
This week we're starting with Abby (@abigailkbrady) a motherhood and lifestyle blogger also known as the Classy Giraffe. Her website is a place where whimsical meets classy. Check out her find mom tips, fashion finds, recipes, and all things mental health.
- Who are you a mom to? "Mama to my sweet son Theo. He is 2 years old."
- Tell us about your life outside of motherhood."I have been trying to find out who I am outside of motherhood and it has been a fun little adventure. I love to swim, go on hikes, do yoga, garden, and go shopping. I am obsessed with houseplants and currently have 27 house plants and am in the process of getting more. I love sharing all about my adventure through motherhood on Instagram, Tik tok, and my blog. I also want to bring awareness to mental health and help other people dealing with mental health issues. I have a secret project in the works that will be launching this fall."
- How has becoming a mother changed your life? "Motherhood has changed my life in so many ways. It hasn’t been an easy transition but I do love everything about being a mom. I am very fortunate that I am able to stay home with my son. At times it can get hard but I overall love everything about it."
- If you started your business after you became a mother, how did it influence the start of your business? "I started my blog a few years prior to having my son. When I had my son I rebranded and went from focusing on fashion to focusing on motherhood and lifestyle. I actually really love my new focus. It has been a lot of fun to connect with other moms."
- How do you balance the constant chaos of motherhood and or work? "It is definitely a struggle at times. I have found that when my son is napping that is when I get the majority of things done."
- Tell me about your "Life's Messy Moment" story. "The other day I had to tell my 2-year-old to stop licking the dog. I never in my wildest dreams thought I would ever have to say those words to anyone, let alone my child."
- How did you hear about the Ayla Bag? "I personally know Nikki. When she told me about the diaper bag I was very excited. There are so many places where I could use a vacuum. Life with a toddler is full of messes."
- What are you most excited for about the bag? "The vacuum. There are so many places where it’ll come in handy. Also, I love the storage options."
- Tell us one place where you will be using the Ayla Vac! "Honestly everywhere. I swear that I’m always cleaning up a mess wherever I go. Having a portable vacuum will make things so much easier. One of my favorite places ill be using it is at a restaurant! Gone are the days of tipping extra because my child threw his cheerios all over the floor at a restaurant."