Independence Day is full of celebrations, picnics, parades, firework shows, and more. These celebrations are meant to be fun, but it can also be a challenge with a little one in tow. Here are some practical tips you can use while out celebrating the Fourth of July!
- Bring an extra outfit in case of a blowout or accident. No need to spend a lot of money on an oddly specific holiday outfit your little one will never wear again.
- If your little one is very small, or just sensitive to loud noises, bring some noise canceling headphones. This way your little one can still enjoy the show without getting upset about the noise.
- Poke a hole into the top of a plastic cup and stick a sparkler through. This can keep your little one from burning their hand! Solo cups aren’t just for drinks anymore!
- Fill a spray bottle with water and keep it with you. This can be used to keep your little one cool or entertain them.
- Freeze some watermelon or grapes for a snack that can keep you and your little one cool in the heat.
- Keep your little one entertained by carrying bubbles with you. Make it more interesting by adding a small amount of food coloring.
Remember to be responsible, but have fun! Stay safe out there while enjoying the day with people you love!