Tips and Tricks for Planning a Baby Shower
Planning a baby shower can seem like a daunting task! That is why we put together the ultimate guide full of tips for how to make your event a successful one.
- Build anticipation for the event. Reveal the theme or give hints to some exciting food or activities that guests can look forward to on the invitation.
- Choose games that require interaction. This can be one of the most overwhelming parts of planning a baby shower since there are so many different game ideas! Here is one of our favorites that will surely be a hit among your guests.
- Pick a theme that the guests can participate in! Consider something catchy such as "Let's Taco-bout a Baby" and serve a festive taco bar, or if it's a summer baby shower you could do a tropical theme such as "Aloha Baby" and let guests dress in matching attire and hand out leis.
- Showcase your prize table! Encourage interaction for games and activities by showing off the items the guests could win! You could wrap all the prizes to keep it suspenseful or keep them up wrapped and let them choose which one they want! A few of our favorite prizes ideas are gift cards to restaurants, spas, or boutiques, small succulent plants, yummy treats of any kind, and of course anything smelly like a candle essential oil kit!
- Start with introductions! This will be a diverse group of guests and most likely not all of them will know each other. Help break the ice early with short introductions or even a game early on that involves guests introducing themselves such as this one.
- Mom-osa bar: This baby shower trend is one that we can fully get behind! Set out some juice, fresh fruit, champagne, and a few cute signs and it's all your guests will be talking about.
- Set up an awesome playlist. What’s a party without music? Avoid the awkward silence by being ready with some awesome tunes that will put a smile on everyone’s face.
- Set up a party backdrop for pictures! No event is complete without a few selfies…add a few fun props that go along with your theme and create a unique hashtag for the event where everyone can see the pictures.
- Lastly, give a gift that the mom-to be really needs! it can be easy to get carried away buying a million hair bows because they are so adorable but focus on practicality and items that are essential! Of course we think our Ayla Diaper Bag bundle makes the perfect gift!